Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Christmas in the Desert

I love Thanksgiving. I hate how everybody skips Thanksgiving. Costco has had Christmas stuff out for a month now... For those of us who don't live in a part of the world that actually has seasons, we have to live vicariously through... well... decorating. The closest thing I get to fall is the fake fall leaves I have scattered throughout my house, accenting about every area possible. I LOVE fall! I love the colors, the weather, the holidays, the end of the semester. Ok, so Christmas is a better celebration for the end of the semester! Even though the rest of the world is flying right into the Christmas season I'm determined to stick it out until after Thanksgiving. 

However, my cute brother- and sister-in-law wanted to take pictures for their holiday cards. I guess one day of pre-Thanksgiving Christmas cheer is ok. We met them in Vegas at our grandparent's house. We had an awesome weekend and even scared ourselves silly at the Fright Dome at Circus Circus (*disclaimer... the endless lines made it WAY overrated...). Anyway, my sweet little sister-in-law wanted to have green in her pictures. I wanted to laugh and say, "Green?? We're in Las Vegas! Everything is brown or some shade of brown." But how could I let her down? Luckily, my grandparents live right across the street from the LDS temple. If any of you have been to an LDS temple, you know it has green everywhere - year round. Doesn't matter if you live in the desert, a snowy place, or paradise. There is always a neatly manicured garden. It's beautiful. We had a blast taking holiday pictures and I think they are turning out pretty darn cute :) Here's a sneak peak. 





No comments: