Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'd Rather Be Editing...



I guess I should clarify... I'd rather be editing PHOTOs than editing a thesis. It's so bittersweet to be so near, yet so far from the end! There is still so much to be done before graduation. Alas, I can't complain... I could be at the beginning again.


So for my daily report, I rode 26 miles today around the neighborhood and had a really yummy spinach, strawberry and balsamic vinegar salad. Mmmm! Other than that, I've had my booty firmly planted in my office chair editing my thesis. The final is due in just 5 days!


Even though I manage to get pretty much everything done that I intend to, I am known to have some ADHD traits... mainly, I am REALLY good at avoiding the annoying tasks until the last possibly minute. Call me a pressure player. Anybody who gets my Facebook updates knows I wrote my over 50 page thesis in a mere 3 days (P.S. my professor LOVED it...haha... no one tell her how little time I spent on it! Our secret).


Well, during some of my avoiding tactics, I allowed myself the indulgence of editing some more photos. Hey, if anyone asks, I can just say I've been "editing" all day and it'd be true! 


The pinwheel backdrop is homemade to match this adorable little romper bought from here. I got the idea for this back drop from a whole lot of places and sort of made it up as I went. For a good tutorial on how to make this kind of pinwheel, go here. I just used scrapbook paper and kept it very simple (since I knew it'd pretty much be out of focus in all the pics). What do you think? I love it! It's hanging in my office now :) Well, I hope you enjoy the pics! Have a nice day.


Facebook.com/alannarenephotography

2 comments:

kanero said...

I love all your work Alanna, but I think these are some of my favorites. Cute backdrop, cute subject!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much!! It is definitely one of my favorites :)