Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Appreciating Beauty through Photography


Yesterday was a really fun day! I always enjoy meeting new people, catching up with friends, taking photos, and just having a good time. Yesterday I got to do all that TIMES 2! So. Much. Fun!

The best part of it all is my husband is my partner. I think one of the best things about our marriage is that we have a hobby that we share - that we both love doing and learning about. Everywhere we go, we see potential photographs. It really is amazing how photography changes the way you look at the world.

Now I see things differently, even more so than when I was just painting and drawing. Colors stand out and seem more vibrant, patterns catch my eye, people look more interesting and unique - stories are constantly being told all around us. I find myself wondering more about the history of a building, the life experiences of a person, the travels of an old car. 


When we take our portraits, we try and capture part of the story of that person and what makes them so special. Everyone has a story. It sometimes makes me sad that we don't take more time to learn others' stories more often. We can learn so much from everyone around us - why not slow down a bit and see what the people we encounter and the places we visit have to teach us?

How do we do that? We ask questions - a LOT of questions. We listen - more than we talk. We pause. Yep. Just stop, sit on a bench, look around, people watch - notice the details around you. I have learned to appreciate people and the places around me so much more. You should try it. There are so many treasures out there!

Hope you enjoy this small taste of who I got to spend my day with yesterday. I'm excited to show you a little more of their stories later this weekend :) Well, I'm off to work! Enjoy your Saturday!


alannarenephotography@gmail.com
facebook.com/alannarenephotography
Tweet @alannarenephoto
google+ alannarenephotography

No comments: