Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Smashing VERY Pink Cake

First and foremost, I just have to give a shout out to my really amazing father. I have some very fun memories and have learned so much from him. I blame him for my obsession passion for photography! He always had a camera (or several) around his neck and was constantly snapping photos. I guess subconsciously I was learning about photography a lot earlier than I thought!! Thanks padre for being such a good influence in my life and for so many fun memories! I love you so much and am excited to make you a grandpa someday :)


I mentioned in my last post how much fun I had this weekend doing my photo shoots. Our morning shoot was with this little cutie. We thought it'd be fun to take her out on the town for her big first birthday!


She was SUCH a good little girl - all smiles and laughter. We fell in love with her instantly and laughed the entire morning. That is seriously one of my favorite parts of this job! I get to laugh a whole lot. It's really enhanced my wrinkles laugh lines around my eyes, but it's totally worth it. There is just something about laughing that helps you stay young.



We get a lot of people telling us that we are really good with kids. When we go out on shoots, we rarely have a hard time getting the kids to laugh and giggle. I don't really think it's because we are especially talented at playing with kids... the secret really is that we embarrass ourselves - shamelessly!



We've been told that we are a "goofy" team, an "interesting" team, "hilarious," and completely "off-the-wall." I take all of those as complements! My family knows how bizarre we can be. Strangely, kids like that! Especially the over exaggerated facial expressions!



It's been a fun weekend, but I am super excited to get the week started! I get the amazing opportunity to take some photography and digital editing classes over the next 6 weeks. I am SO. DANG. EXCITED!   I am looking forward to meeting new people, learning new techniques, and just playing!



I hope I'll be able to post some fun experiments from my classes and maybe pass on some of the things I learn. I think everyone should try to see the world like a photographer does - even if you're only using your smart phone as a camera.



I hope everyone has had a great father's day and has had the chance to tell all the fathers, grandfathers, husbands, brothers, neighbors, Godfathers, step-fathers, and any other father figures how important they are in our lives. For those not in our lives anymore, it has been a great day to reflect on memories and good times. I know I love and value all the men in my life! Thanks to all the men in the world who love and support their mothers, wives, children, and loved ones. Happy Father's Day!


alannarenephotography@gmail.com
facebook.com/alannarenephotography
Tweet @alannarenephoto
google+ alannarenephotography

No comments: