Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Confession...

So I have a confession to make... Today I had the urge to listen to holiday music AND I did. I mean, it's still September for crying out loud!

It got me thinking about winter coming. I love the fall. Fall feels like the earth is sighing from a long hot summer. I love the crisp cool evenings, the smell of rain, warm thick blankets, sweaters, hot chocolate, clouds, and everything about fall and winter.

We really don't get a "real" fall or winter. We don't have many trees that turn colors - everything just stays as brown as it was in summer. We don't get snow either. Despite that, I love fall and winter around here. It gets cold like I love, but I can still do all my favorite winter activities: sitting by the fire, drinking hot chocolate, eating soups, baking, and still do all my favorite indoor activities like cycling, hiking, and going to the beach.

It's the perfect compromise!!

I also love all the family photos I get to take this time of year. It is seriously amazing to meet and get to know so many families! It's definitely the best part of the job :)

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the transition through fall to Winter. I know I can already taste the soups and fresh home made bread! MmmM!

Well, since I am apparently in a holiday mood, I thought I should remind everyone to book your shoots early! We only have limited spots this year.


No comments: