Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mammas and Babies

So we are now on Detox day 7. The last two days have been tough mostly because yesterday we were away from the house all day for photo shoots so we pretty much ate carrots and fruit. By the time we got home around 10, I was sooo hungry for something with substance. Unfortunately, I was more tired than hungry so I just went to bed. 
At this point in the detox, your body really starts wanting some protein. Last time I felt fine until day 11 (when you can introduce lean protein) but I think with all the miles I'm putting on my bike, I'm hungrier this time around. I had to go grocery shopping TWICE last week for produce because I'm eating through it like crazy. 
It's been successful so far though! I feel great and have plenty of energy. Ricky is already down 10 pounds. I've dropped 5. He wants to lose weight, I don't (hence stuffing my face all day long...). The main thing is, we're eating really well, improving the portion sizes, and have more energy than when navigating the roller coaster moods that come with sugar intake. It's great.
Today I thought I'd keep with tradition and give you a little teaser from yesterday's photo shoots. It was an AMAZING day. The only thing that could have made it better is if there were a little more sun :) It was a gray bleary overcast day in Santa Monica. When the winds picked up in the evening, it was FREEZING! Us dessert dwellers don't like that cold ocean breeze...

OMG! Isn't she GORGEOUS??? What a beautiful (future) mama!
 We started the morning taking pics of HILARIOUS Quinn. She seriously had me laughing so hard my cheeks hurt. This little girl is a firecracker and had us running like the wind to keep up. She definitely helped us get our day started off right!

Then we spent the middle of the day walking around Santa Monica and the Third Street Promenade listening to music and enjoying our "day date." We also enjoyed the beach AND a nap in the car! Gotta love Dory (our Subaru). It is an awesome napping place - complete with seat warmers!

I LOVE LOVE this pic! It seriously is perfect because she was like this the ENTIRE shoot! She is a little firecracker and I loved it. Pretty good walker for not quite 13 months, huh?
Then we met Sanci, our beautiful future mama and one of my really good friends from my PICU days (we seriously had a way of getting into trouble when we worked together!). She looked amazing and photographed like a model! The girl had a way of just settling into these amazing looking poses that were so flattering. I love her, but that made me a little jealous!

Finally, we drove home exhausted but happy and spent the rest of the night visiting with some family that was in from out of town. It was a great day full of great people, lots of laughter, and tons of fun. I'm so excited to show you more from our day on the Pier.


No comments: