Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Playing Dress Up

I would say it's been a very productive two days! Don't you love it when that happens?

Yesterday I spent the first half of the day on my rear finishing up my thesis, then I went to 5 hours of class, only to come home and work on my thesis until late into the night. Today I finished it up and submitted it... which was one of the most terrifying and amazing feeling! I hope it turned out ok. Just enough to pass is all I ask.

Today I FINALLY got my appointment with the neurosurgeon. For any of you who don't know, I have a pretty nasty broken back. I was so nervous that my blood pressure was scary high in the office! My sweet husband took a 1/2 day off to help me survive the appointment. The surgeon gave me really good news though. No surgery needed! At least for now. He says that it is stable and safe, and that the pain should go away on its own... though it may take another 3-6 months. That's the only bad news. SO, I guess I continue with normal life for now!

The girls told Ricky he needed to look "contemporary" in this photo. He kinda looks like a flapper with that headband!
After the appointment, we went for a 20 mile bike ride. It was awesome... minus the refrigerator temperature wind gusts! It felt so good to get out some of that stress from the week. I need another one of those rides!

For the rest of the day, I finished up the thesis and other random work then got ready for tonight's activity. I was asked to teach some photography tips to some of the young women in our church. I was a little nervous that they wouldn't have fun, but it turned out pretty amazing! What's the secret? My amazing husband!

In this one, they said he should look sad and pouty. Classic!
Yep. He's such a good sport. The girls were nervous about trying the camera and didn't really want to take pictures of themselves at first, so we asked him to be our model and he let us dress him up with all sorts of goofy props. It was HILARIOUS!! After a few minutes of that, the girls were ready and more than willing to take photos and be the models themselves. All the pictures on this blog today were taken by them! I think they did a pretty good job.

We all helped dress him up for this one. We asked him to look surprised. 
It was so fun to share a few fun tips with these girls. I love it and love talking about it! Not to mention, it was a blast watching them direct their own photo shoots and goof around as models. Well, I'm off to bed because I have a lot of photos to work on tomorrow as well as grocery shopping, bike riding, paper grading, laundry, dishes... you get the picture.

P.S. I love you sweetie! You're the best for being our model tonight! You'll be a great daddy someday :)


3 comments:

Megan said...

I have a very attractive brother. He can work anything ;)

Unknown said...

haha! So true!!

kanero said...

Yay, glad your back will mend on its own!

I always knew Ricky is a super model in disguise.

I want to fly you up here to do the same thing with my beehives. Let me know when you are available.